From:
Chuck Duchon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Duchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 20:39:36 -0500

Thank you to everyone who responded. I apologize for the delay in
summarizing but I received more responses than I expected.

Let’s get this one out of the way first. A LOT of people responded to my
mentioning that our Doctor felt that Oats was acceptable. General consensus
was that due to the high likely-hood of cross contamination that oats was
not acceptable – even McCann’s. Obviously, this rules out PowerBars as well
as Clif Bars (even though they say they are Wheat Free they still contain
Gluten!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH!!!)

READY MADE GF ENERGY BARS ALTERNATIVES

Andi Bars http://www.autismndi.com/ANDIBAR.HTM
Balance Bars http://www.balance.com/default.asp
Genisoy (however they are specifically Low Carb) http://www.genisoy.com
Alpsnack Bars www.alpsnack.com
Frankly Natural Baker http://www.franklynatural.com
Govinda Bliss Bars http://www.govindabars.com/

COMMERCIAL ENERGY PRODUCTS

I did verify with the respective manufacturers that PowerBar and GU that
their respective gels are Gluten Free.

“SPECIALITY “ GF FOODS THAT ARE HIGH CARB

GF Cereals
GF Bagels (Glutino brand bagels http:///.glutino.com were recommended 3-4
times) and peanut butter!
GF Bread with Peanut Butter and Honey
GF Sunflower Seed bread sold by Kinninnick
GF Trader Joe's Trail Mixes
GF Pasta. One person recommended Tinkyada brand GF pasta seems
http://www.tinkyada.com/
Sharkies Energy Supplement (think Gummy Bears)

GENERALY AVAILABLE FOODS THAT ARE GF AND HIGH CARB

Chicken
Bananas
Rice
Potato
Carrots
Bite size Snickers
M&Ms.
Dried bananas
Squeezable Peanut Butter
Sweet Potatoes
Oranges
Cranberry juice
Brown rice

MORE INFORMATION

Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook is supposed to have a lot of good
info and recipes (many of which are GF). It’s available at online at
http://www.amazon.com and other places I’m sure…. Publisher is Human
Kinetics Publishers; Third edition (August 1, 2003) ISBN: 073604602X