From:
Leanne Wenzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 21:05:19 +0100

>Comment from Don Kasarda, Albany, CA.
>
>...The only vinegar that there is the slightest reason to think
>might have any harmful peptides (harmful for celiac patients) in it would be
>barley malt vinegar.

Thankyou so much for sharing your knowledge with this list. I have been
reading the vinegar letters and shaking my head. I think a great number of
people on this list have a very limited understanding of chemistry and I
find this very frustrating. I am a research associate in the Department of
Biological Sciences at the University of Alberta. I was diagnosed with CD
two years ago and have just recently joined this list. I thought that this
list would provide me with valuable information but have more often than not
found it a source of considerable frustration. It seems to me there are a
lot of people out there starving themselves to death because of a lack of
knowledge of basic chemistry. The GF diet is limited enough. Wouldn't it be
nice if someone could teach people with CD what all those chemicals on food
labels really mean.

Thanks for listening
Leanne