From:
Jeanne Barkemeijer de Wit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:48:27 -0700

I've received at least a dozen requests for the gluten free lactose free
deep dish pizza I bake.  As my recipe is built around a pizza crust recipe
from Gifts of Nature I called them and asked their permission to post the
recipe as listed in their cook book.  They were gracious enough to allow me
to do so.

Yes, that is my name at the bottom of Gifts of Nature's web site (I designed
it) and no I do not have a financial interest in their company.  I
volunteered to create their site, because I'm a selfish little -----
(expletive deleted) and really enjoy their products.  (I want MORE!)

Link to Pizza page on Gifts of Nature's web site
http://giftsofnature.hypermart.net/html/pizza.htm

Pizza Crust
From Gifts of Nature
Fast & Fabulous Gluten-Free Recipes

Mix
4 cups Gifts of Nature All purpose flour blend
1 1/2 TSP salt
2 TSP sugar
2 TSP yeast

Add
1 1/4 cup warm water
4 egg whites
1/4 cup oil (I use olive oil)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix dough thoroughly and divide between two
well oiled large pizza pans.  Spread dough evenly over pans with oiled
hands.  Put pan in a warm place and raise 20 minutes.  Bake 15 minutes.
Remove and add sauce, toppings and cheese.  Return to oven and continue
baking until done, approx. 15-20 minutes.  For a crisper crust, gently
loosen edges of pizza and slide pizza onto rack of oven for the last 10
minutes of baking.

Jeanne's Secret Pizza Sauce Mix
1 can of Trader Joe's Stewed Tomatoes - Pureed in blender
1 tablespoon chopped crushed garlic
1 small can tomatoes paste

Mix all ingredients together well, then slather the entire mess alllll over
your pizza crust.

I use shredded gluten free cheese (can be purchased at your favorite health
food store) or goat's milk (doesn't give me a lactose reaction) powdered
cheeses Romano and motserella (forgive my fractured spelling) available at
Trader Joe's.  I then add toasted garlic chunks, diced onions, bell peppers,
fresh mushrooms, stewed tomato pieces and meat.

You can either use gluten free sausage or make great tasting topping by
browning hamburger in olive oil, garlic and salt.  I sprinkle one or both
all over the pizza.

My omnivore gluten glutton husband usually ends up eating most of any pizza
I make, my family goes for the rest rather quickly, so I have to bake more
than one at a time.  Come to think of it, everyone seems to be eating an
awful lot of my gluten free foods these days.  So it must taste good, as my
family is comprised of a bunch of picky eaters.

No wonder my homemade sorbet always disappears so quickly.  -sigh-

ciao for now,
Jeanne