From:
Joe Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 1994 19:42:36 -0500

Yes, I sure did!  I was diagnosed because I went for a physical after
experiencing fatigue at the end of long bike rides in training for a
century ride.  I was beat at the end of 40 or 50 miles lagging about
one half hour behing my wife.  The physical revealed low iron and hemoglobin
which would account for the fatigue.  After a couuple of weeks of testing,
Alan Schulman, M.D. of Rockville, MD diagnosed celiac/sprue, and with just
one week of gluten gluten free diet and three iron pills, I was no longer
so tired after long bike rides.  It was remarkable.