From:
Reesa Zuber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 21:31:56 -0800

> -----Original Message-----

Dear Listmates:  A mother posted to this list regarding the lack of support
she has had from school officials for the past several years.  I mailed her
privately with my immediate response.  Needless to say I was appalled.  I
work with wonderful people.  As a 32 year professional of the public
education system, I sought further suggestions from individuals I work with
who have expertise in this area.  I have one work mate who has an autistic
daughter and another who has a 5 year old son diagnosed with pku.  If you
think celiac is bad, it doen't even come close to pku.  Anyway, Barbara and
I talked at lunch regarding this issue.  She brought up the 504 plan for
Americans with disabilities.  Even though I know what it is, I couldn't
explain it to you well enough.  I asked her to send me an e-mail with a few
sentences so that I could forward it to this list.  Once a plan has been
established, the school and district is legally responsible to see that the
steps in the plan are followed.  It is a federal law.

Please read Barbar's information below.  I hope it helps!!   Reesa

Reesa Zuber, LMS
Washington MS
Yakima, Washington
[log in to unmask]  Home