From:
BORIS A RAPPORT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 20:45:09 -0700

I first ran across VEAT in my favorite HFS, and the packages do not
contain any items that could contain Gluten.  The manager of our store
called the folks at VEAT and they told her NO GLUTEN.  I ate a few times
from a couple of their products and frankly had no major reactions,  but
did feel a little off balance.   I went to their web site and the
ingredients listed do not agree with their box listings.  They include
wheat in soy sauce, and wheat starch in a few other items.  I have
written twice to the company asking for some clarification.   They have
not responded.   I for one think that is poor business practice to list
one set of ingredients on a box of product, and another on their web
site.  I am especially upset, because the products are the best tasting
vegan, GF I have had so far.   Seems a shame that manufacturers will not
respond to legitimate questions that really can affect our health.
Boris Rapport