From:
"J. Kemp Randolph" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. Kemp Randolph
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:29:40 -0700

I got back 14 responses. 5 quoted doctors or used the phrase "doctors say".

Three mentioned Aga deficiency as an explalanation for the three negative Agas and one positive Igg such as I had. In this case you test for total Aga. If this test is positive then you ignore the Igg and walk away with a gluten-free diagnosis if you are a diagnosed celiac. This is my situation. If this test is negative, then you test the other antibodies with Igg. Dr. Green was cited as saying that with no symptoms, three negative Agas and a positive Igg, he would not biopsy.

Four of the doctors cited said that Igg was not specific for celiac disease.

                        Kemp