From:
Eleanor Symonds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:10:47 -0500

This question pertains to the President's Choice line of food products,
available in many Canadian (and some US) stores.

As of last year, they didn't have a GF list.  A few of their sauces and
other items are in last year's Canadian Celiac Association shopping
guide, which can be ordered at http://www.celiac.ca .  However, this is
a very small fraction of their product line.  Many of their other
products appear to be GF from the ingredients (e.g. meringue nests,
chocolate chips), and others are questionable only because of mystery
ingredients like "spices" or "natural flavour" (e.g. many frozen
dinners).

The contact number in the archives is (416) 789-1419.  This is a local
call for me, but before I call, I'd like to hear from others who have
spoken with them, to see if we might benefit from pooling our efforts.
In particular, has anyone tried getting together a petition to convince
them to produce a GF list?

Aside from personal convenience, such a list would be a huge help when
visiting family and friends!

Eleanor Symonds