From:
William Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 12:31:56 GMT

After reading Mary's post about raisins, I decided to check out my son's two
favorite brands.  I was told that both are GF in the packaged versions:

     1. Made In Nature Organic Raisins, San Rafeal CA  (415) 499-3309, who
put me in touch with their packing company Enock Packing (209) 888-2151
(Dennis).  Shipments within the US are totally GF, they said, but shipments
to Japan sometimes are dusted with oil as they prefer the raisins to flow
more freely.

     2. Bonner Organic Raisins, packed by Dole in Fresno CA (800) 232-8800.
Sheila in customer service checked with the plant manager and verified that
they use only water to wash the raisins and keep them from sticking.

Both firms had heard of the practise of dusting with flour, even though they
did not do it themselves.

Bill Elkus
Los Angeles