Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 13:19:13 EDT

Some of you are current "Ship To" or in-store customers of The Silly Yak
Bakery in Madison, WI; most on this Dist. list are not. That's OK, here's the
story:

Sometime ago we had a DoD employee in Iraq order some Gluten Free & Casein
Free goodies. We shipped them to her no problem. But the light bulb turned on:
Why not put a collection box by our cash register, get the spare change, then
periodically send "regular goodies" to this person who agreed to then take 'em
to the mess hall or PX and distribute. The idea turned into reality and the
rest is history. The "Thank You" notes we receive are beyond heartwarming.  Now
3 new thoughts:

1. Check the website for the GF May/Junet Bake Sched. If you decide to call
in an order, ask that an extra ??.?? amount be withheld and put into the
"COOKIES for SOLDIERS" jar.
2. Don't want to order? Consider sending an amount for the Cookie Jar. Or
send a donation to your local VA Hospital.
3. And finally, if you have a relative/soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan, we can
ship him/her some goodies. It will go in a APO/FPO Large Flat Rate box for
$10.95 shipping. They get it as quick as our customers in Calif. get their GF
baked goods.

Help a soldier or Vet...

Miguel in Madison
for The Silly Yak Bakery