From:
Lindsay Amadeo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:01:56 -0500

Received this reply today from Colgate about their grain-free products:

Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:11:03 -0500
Subject: Colgate WebSite Query

Thank you for contacting us with your question. We appreciate the
opportunity to provide information regarding grain derived ingredients
in Colgate Palmolive products.

The following Colgate Palmolive products can be verified as grain-free:
Afta Shave products, all variants Ajax All Purpose Cleaner - Lemon and
Ammonia Ajax Cleanser Ajax Dish Liquids - all variants Ajax Laundry
Detergents - Powders and Liquids Cashmere Bouquet Bar Soap Colgate
Toothpaste, all variants Colgate Shave Creams, all variants Crystal
Clean Stick Deodorant, all variants Crystal White Octagon Lemon Dish
Liquid Dermassage Dish Liquid Dynamo Laundry Detergent Fab Laundry
Detergents - Powder and Liquids Fresh Start Laundry Detergents Irish
Spring Bar Soap, all variants Lady Speed Stick Deodorants and
Antiperspirants, all variants Mennen Speed Stick Deodorants and
Antiperspirants, all variants Murphy Kitchen Care - Liquid and Spray
Murphy Oil Soap - Liquid, Spray, Paste and JSM Palmolive Bar Soaps, all
variants Palmolive Dish Liquids - all variants Palmolive Gel Dishwasher
Detergent Palmolive Triple Action Tabs Softsoap Liquid Soap, all
variants Softsoap Body Washes, all variants Ultra brite Toothpaste, all
variants

Sorbitol is an ingredient which can be grain derived and may be found
in toothpastes. Our sorbitol is corn-derived.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope this information
is helpful.

Sincerely,

Michael

IMM/JMG