From:
Carol Fonken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 11:46:15 -0500

My better judgment tells me I should stay out of this, but never being one
to pay that much attention to my better judgment... I want to briefly
comment on Fran Gillespie's post re. Don Kasarda's private post to her.
Since Fran felt comfortable sharing the post with the list I guess it is
fair game to comment.

Much as I respect Fran's point of view, which I know is shared by many
individuals on the list who are acutely sensitive to gluten, I also see
great value in getting input from individuals like Don who often have a
different, and instructive (for me, at any rate), perspective.  Several
times lately when Don has injected a more toned down approach to an issue I
have noted responses shooting him down. I would like Don to know that there
are those of us on the list who truly appreciate his input.  I find great
value in Don's postings, and particularly appreciate the fact that an
individual who does not have celiac disease is willing to put so much time
and effort into providing information to the group.  Don, please keep
sharing your thoughts with us.  I, for one, look forward to hearing your
view on many of the points of discussion on this list.

Can't get much hotter than it is here in Texas!

Carol Fonken