From:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:20:29 -0600

The next meeting of the San Antonio Celiac Sprue Support Group will be
on Monday, 4 November, at 7 pm. It will be held in our usual meeting
place, Covenant Presbyterian Church, in the church Parlor.

At our May meeting everyone enjoyed watching three 10-minute segments
with Bette Hagman on PBS. At our November meeting we will be enjoying
three more 10-minute interviews. A good way to pick up some tips from
The Gluten-Free Gourmet!

In addition to the PBS video, we will have time for newcomers to ask
some of those puzzling questions about gluten sensitivity and the
gluten-free diet.

And don't forget, our annual cookie exchange is scheduled for this
meeting--expanded this year to be a cookie/candy exchange. The rules
are: make your homemade cookies/candy, divide them into bags of six, and
attach a copy of the recipe to each Zip-Lock bag. Then, at the meeting,
you will exchange your six bags for six other bags--all different! Lots
easier than making six different batches yourself!

 As always, you are invited to bring a gluten-free goodie to share with
everyone after the meeting. Please bring either  the recipe or a list of
the ingredients to place by your dish, as some people have other
sensitivities in addition to gluten. If your recipe is original or you
have made three or more changes to it, bring a copy for sharing with all
Alamo Celiac members through the Recipes page in our newsletter. Please
be sure to give the recipe to our newsletter editor, Lynn Rainwater.

Covenant Presbyterian Church, 211 Roleto Drive, is just past Northwest
Military Highway on the IH 410 West access road. If you're new and not
sure where that is, go to Yahoo! Maps or Lycos Maps and you can get a
printable map to help you get there.

If you are not a member of our group but would like to join, contact our
Membership Chair, Anne Barfield, [log in to unmask] for
information. If you would like to join at the meeting, please bring $20
cash or check for annual dues and we'll sign you up on the spot!

Looking forward to seeing you Monday night.

Lynn Rainwater, Secretary
San Antonio Celiac Sprue Support Group
www.alamoceliac.org