From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 21:52:09 -0500

Listmates:
Last week I informed you of the GF status of Nature's Life and GF protien
powders.   Here are the responses:  Thank you for all your responses!!
--Mildie
----------------------------
Thanks for the info.  I'm trying to find a soy protein powder that isn't
gritty or icky.  I do well with protein shakes made with the powder, gf soy
milk and frozen strawberries.  I currently use Vanilla Praline flavor in
Designer Protein Powder, but I'm not 100% sure of it, altho I don't react
at all and am very sensitive and it's whey based and I try to avoid milk.
The 100% soy protein powder from Envion is gf, as are their Biozone bars
which I do very well on.  So if you find a soy powder (I need soy and am
having trouble getting enough down me) that's not offensive I'd sure
appreciate hearing from you.  Tia,
Barb in WA State
-----------------------------------
I haven't tried the egg protein powders because you generally have to add
ingredients to make it taste like something (!) but a lot of folks like
them. I did try the Genisoy chocolate, and it is GF, but I didn't care for
it and don't want to eat a lot of soy (phytoestrogenic, and I have plenty
of estrogen, even in perimenopause!)

I like the 40-30-30 Balance drink and I have seen nothing in the
ingredients that looks suspicious.

Anne Washburn
Solgar "Whey to go Protein" is GF.  I have been using the chocolate flavor
for several months with no problems.  Solgar also has a web site and it
states it is GF.  It is pure whey protein and natural cocoa flavor.  It is
really good but, of course, expensive.
Hope this helps.
Jake