From:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 01:04:18 -0700

I've moved to St. Louis,

Can anyone give me the name of a good local GI, and the URL to a local support group? A celiac friendly restaurant list would be nice too.

Was at Whole Foods last night. Was thrilled they started carrying edible celiac bread, bagels, pasta, etc. Isn't it cool how so many manufacturers are already starting to label for allergens?

I was at Pho Grand for lunch a few times. I think, in Vietnamese, its pronounced "Fur Grand." I ate without getting sick and the waitstaff was kind and the kitchen was careful. The first time the chef came out to talk to me about what was safe to eat, and recommended a wonderful dish with chicken, lemongrass and chilis. Bring your own soy sauce. (Maybe I'll leave a bottle with them next time I go.) They serve that fabulous Vietnamese iced coffee, but the lactose intolerant won't like that it's heavy on the evaporated milk which probably has more lactose than anything.

Thanks in advance for any help, I will summarize.

Kit Kellison

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile