From:
Linda Block <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Block <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:39:27 -0800

Many are asking me what TPN is........I apologize for not explaining
further.  It stands for Total Parental Nutrition....it is 'food'
liquid form that is fed into the artery to sustain life.  I am
terminally ill with Refractory Sprue.   Please, kindly I ask this, no
info on pills, supplements, etc.  My small intestines is unable to
absorb anything.  The only thing that could possibly prolong
life..........and I am not sure if there could be quality, as there
is another disease attacking my muscles, is TPN.  I cannot afford
it.  The lab work alone, is $800 and this is done 3 times a week for
the first weeks, and weekly for however
long............................  not to mention all of the other
expenses.  I am not old enough for medicare.  Even with my insurance
paying, after I have met our large deductible, we simply do not have
the $$ to pay for it.  That is why I am asking if there is any kind
of help for TPN that anyone might be aware of.

Thank you so very much. Linda in Alaska