From:
Linda Ireland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Ireland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:21:16 -0800

In regards to Renee's posting, I wanted to let everyone know that you
can listen to this piece on line, at http://www.thislife.org/.  This
episode is not posted yet, but they are usually posted shortly after the
program airs.  When you get to the site, click on "All
Episodes/RealAudio in order of broadcast", and look for the 1/9/2004
show.  You will need the freebie RealAudio player in order to hear it,
or else you can purchase a cassette, etc.  But you may need to wait a
few days, they appear to be a bit later than usual in posting this one.

This whole episode of This American Life is about people who go through
life without something, one of the other scenarios is about a homeless
man.  The wheat allergy is "Act 2," so you can skip about a third of the
way in, if you'd like.  It's a great piece about living with a "wheat
allergy," and Sully's Living Without magazine, done in kind of an
off-beat, let me whine about my miserable life style, but funny.  The
subtitle is "Allergic to Wheat - Perils in the Pantry."  If you need to
bemoan your existence in a misery loves company kind of way, you'll get
a kick out of it.

Linda Ireland, Seattle