From:
Fiona Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 19:53:09 +1100

Thanks to all who replied to my plee for advice on how to help my hubby.  He
is so dissolusioned with doctors that I cant get him to go to a
gastroenterologist.  He is also a scientist, so I am having difficulty
getting him to try "alternative" medicines and ideas.  We are trying a few
of the stratergies put forward, and I'll get back to you to let you know how
he is going.  Thank you all for your support... It gave me hope in a sea of
despiration.

To start with we are trying vitamin C and B supplements (gluten/lactose
free) and he seems to be tolerating these.  He is only eating the three or
four foods he can tolerate (rice, potatoes, beef) of reputable sources, and
he seems to be coping alright with these.  I wanted him to try a rotation
diet but he is not eating enough foods to "rotate", and he is not game to
try anything new yet.... maybe in a few weeks if he doesn't have any
reactions.  I am very careful in how I prepare the food, I wash it all
thoroughly, and I have a separate frying pan and chopping board for his
stuff so as not to contaminate it (and I wash my hands all the time).  I eat
only fresh fruit, vegetables and meat so that no
gluten/lactose/yeast/corn/soy or processed products come into the house (so
contamination will again be minimal).

He has no fillings in his teeth, so we have ruled out the possibility of
this being the problem, and about a year ago his doctor gave him drugs for
Guardia thinking this might be the problem (it made no difference).  We dont
get many other parasites here in Australia, and he hasnt been out of the
country for about 10 years so it is not likely to be a travellers bug.

I will write and let you know how he is going
Thanks again
Fiona (Melbourne, Australia)