Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 09:41:10 EDT

Yes, the Wedge has gf bread that they bake in their bakery. I'm not fond of
it because it's too light and fluffy - I prefer dense bread, such as the Food
for Life Black Rice Bread for toast. They also have a gluten-free/dairy-free
muffin every day, some sort of gluten-free cake and/or bars, and some freshly
baked gluten-free cookies.

Lakewinds Co-op will be closer to where you are staying. They usually gave a
gf scone, gf muffin, and gf cookie each day, altho these have been rather dry
and crumbly, in my experience. Often they have gf cakes, which are quite
tasty. And they have a good selection of other gf items (those
par-baked rolls and french bread, etc).

And there's Madwoman Foods:
http://madwomanfoods.com/
(haven't tried their stuff yet)

and this place (again, haven't tried it): Name: BitterSweet Bakery *A
gluten-free bakery*
BitterSweet offers a wide variety of cakes, bars, muffins,  specialty breads,
and prepackaged mixes, all gluten-free.
Prices: $2.50-$2.50 each for muffins, $4.00 to $4.50 for specialty breads,
$7.00-$7.50/dozen for cookies, $14.00-$35.00 for cakes, $10.00-$15.00 for bars,
and $6.75 for prepackages mixes.
Location: BitterSweet Bakery
Address: 2105 Cliff Road
Eagan, MN 55122
Phone: (952) 423-1946
Contact: Lareen Narva
++++++++++++++++++
Yes, the Wedge carries gluten free bread.  They make their own but I don't
remember what days they bake it.  I don't buy The Wedge's gluten free bread
because it has dairy in it.  They also have several cookie choices and muffin
choices every day that are gf.
+++++++++++++

I live in Minneapolis. I can tell you that the Wedge co-op does carry its own
brand of Gluten Free bread. I do not eat any grain products, so I have no
idea about how it tastes, etc. But, I shop weekly at the Wedge and they often
have the bread. And many people seem to be buying it. They also carry some Enjoy
Life bagels in the frozen food section and some Enjoy Life cookies with their
packaged baked goods. These are gf and also free of most common allergens.

The Wedge also makes gf muffins and cookies and other bakery items, as well
as gf main and side dishes in the take-out foods section.

The best Sydneys (highest quality food and best service and food prep) isn't
far from the Wedge. It's on Hennepin and either 22nd or 24th, only about ½
mile or so from the Wedge.