From:
Barrie Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:06:53 +1200

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about skin
"growths".  For those who didn't see my original post, I was wondering
about some little round skin growths that I get from time to time.  A
hospital doctor once told me that he thought they were related to CD, but
I have never since heard such things talked about.

I received a considerable number of replies, most from others
experiencing similar things.  Unfortunately nobody came up with a
definitive explanation of what they might be though.

A number of people suggested skin tags and others keratoses.  I also get
both of these, but the things in question are something different.  Quite a
few people suggested that getting old might be the trouble, however I
have been getting them for 25 or more years and will probably expect to
for the next 40!

One person suggested IgA deposits in the skin and wondered if it might
be possible to get a benign form of DH.   What I get could not be
described as DH in the usual sense as there is no irritation.  I have not
heard of a benign form of DH.  Maybe?  Who knows.

Despite quite a number of replies, these things still remain a mystery.
Perhaps I'll never know what they are but, judging from the number of
others who say they have them too, they must be quite common.  The
question remains whether there is any connection with CD, or whether
they are also common in the general population.

Regards,
Barrie Woods