From:
Louise Steen-Sprang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 21:01:16 -0500

Hi all.  There were so many requests for the recipe that I am posting it.

Louise

Betty Hagman - the GF gourmet cooks fast and healthy p. 235 (hard cover)

         [This recipe has been removed from the logfiles, as]
         [it is copyrighted material---the CELIAC Listowners]

Comments:  I didn't use a whisk.  That just did not work, and the eggs
weren't beaten in until smooth when I started adding water.  It looked more
like dough when I started adding water.  Once all the water is in, the mix
is very runny.  That's fine.  I put in the refrigerator for almost exactly
20 min.  When cooking, you want the batter to make a paper thin layer on
the bottom of the skillet.  Pour it in and move the skillet so the batter
spreads on the bottom.  The first one I made was to thick and tasted more
lie a pancake; I pitched it.  the rest I made thin enough that at parts you
could see little bubbles.  While this made eating them messier (have lots
of napkins!), they tasted great.  When reheating, I put the tortilla in the
microwave for about 30 seconds. (after storing them in the refrigerator.)
They also taste great to eat like Ethiopian food where you mix everything
up on your plate and use the tortilla to scoop it up.  Excellent.