From:
Julie Watt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Watt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:39:28 -0500

I have discovered, over the past year, that many cosmetic companies are difficult to deal with or
even outright rude when trying to ascertain whether products are safe for celiacs. I'd like to add
another to the list: Gavarry S.p.a. My mother (also a celiac) wrote to them to check on a product
she had purchased. I've included their response below. I know perhaps I expect too much, but
companies like Kiss My Face and Burt's Bees are so helpful, I see no reason to deal with companies
who aren't willing to work with us.

Julie in PA
http://celiacnet.com

Dear madam,
thank you for writing.
Here is the complete list of ingredients for our L'Amande Protective Lip Balm (printed on its box
any way):
RICINUS COMMUNIS, CERA ALBA, HETYLHEXYL DODECANOL, HYDROGENATED LANOLIN,
CANDELILLA CERA, HETYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII, TITANIUM
DIOXIDE, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, OLEA EUROPAEA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,
RETINYL PALMITATE, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, AROMA,
ALUMINA, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, SILICA.
You can see yourself if  all the ingredients are safe for you.
Best regards.
Gavarry S.p.a.