From:
Mary Bourgrif <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Bourgrif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:37:30 -0500

Thanks to all who responded. About 2/3 said they ate supermarket rotisserie
chickens with no problems (one took the skin off); the other 1/3 either had
had a problem or just avoided them.  Of the supermarkets mentioned
positively, Cosco was far and away the most liked (I had already said I had
researched Boston Market).  Next in popularity was Whole Foods.  Wild Oats,
Shop Rite. Food Lion, Dillons, Hy Vee and Wegman's each got a mention.
Unfortunately I live near none of them (Many I've never even heard of.  This
is apparently a less homogenized country than I though it was.) Only 2
people mentioned Safeway; one lived in the same state I do.  Getting thumbs
down were: Sam's Club, Stop and Shop, Publix and Krogers (this last was
possibly a bacteria problem).  I don't live near any of these either.  I did
call Safeway and they said it was g-f, but most of us know the reality is
more complicated than that.  Thanks again for the only opinions that count -
celiac's.  Mary