From:
fpickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 12:00:21 -0600

Hi everyone,

Every year I receive wild rice for Christmas.  This rice is harvested from
an Indian reservation in northern Minnesota which is grown in a lake.  This
pure rice is a tall grass which is harvested by the Indians in canoes when
green, than is dried and hauled.  It is gluten free.  I have never had any
problems eating it over the many years that it has been part of our family
diet.

However, not all wild rice sold on the market is actually gluten free
because a preservative or an insecticide has been added.  It is best to
avoid the wild rice/white rice mixes as quoted from the CS book form Omaha.

Wild rice is just a product that I like and appreciate getting as a gift
each year.

Marita in Sherman, TX