Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:45:07 -0600

Thanks everyone - got 25+ responses.

Most helpful was one person who said she used both types from

www.lakeshorelearning.com <http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/>

www.discountschoolsupplies.com <http://www.discountschoolsupplies.com/>

and she likes the one from lakeshore learning the best.  That's what I
ordered and I haven't gotten it yet.  Kind of pricey $50.00 for the kit 8
colors, or 8.99 each color.

The one from discount school supply is name brand Colorations Wheat & Gluten
Free dough, manufactured by Colorado in GB, get bucket with 6 colors, 18.99.
telephone number for discount school supply is 800 627 2829.

Here's a homemade GF recipe to make at home with rice flour and there's
another with cornstarch www.argocornstarch.com
<http://www.argocornstarch.com/>  .

Here's the one using mainly rice flour:

One and one half cups rice flour
1 cup water
One half cup of salt
1 tablespoon baby oil - they liked the smell, you can use vege oils too
Optional food coloring

Mix dry ingredients together
Mix wet ingredients together
Cook on medium high heat for approx 3 minutes until it pulls away from the
sides of the pan

Cool a little, roll out, then knead into ball

Store in plastic ziplock bag, store in air tight container.

Other options:
Moonsand - we have this, believe me it's an outdoor activity.  It's a lot
like thin cement.

Crayola model magic play clay - it's supposed to be marked gluten free.

Thanks folks.  Dorina, near Galveston, TX