From:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 21:45:10 -0400

Hi Everyone!

Well if you miss those reuben sandwiches, like I did then try my recipe.  I
just made them this weekend and it had been over 3 years since my last one!

First Step:  You need to make the "Bread from Anna" ahead of time. It's the
original one in the red and orange packaging.  Go to
http://glutenevolution.com to order.  I think I've bragged enough about
this bread but it truly is the only bread that does not need to be
toasted.  I do not follow directions, as in other things, so I simply mix
everything in a bowl, put in a pan and bake...and it still comes out
incredible.  My support group just loves this bread.. even more than the
lunch..:>)  So, once it's baked and cooled, I slice and freeze in packages
of two slices.

Fast forward to the Reuben...

2 slices of Bread from Anna
Shredded Sauerkraut (a little)
3 Swiss Cheese Slices
Corned Beef (Dietz & Watson is GF) - about 4 or 5 slices
Thousand Island Dressing

Butter each slice of bread.  Place one slice of bread on your med. heat
griddle and spread thousand island on the face up side of the bread. Then
layer with 1-1/2 slices of cheese, all of the corned beef, a little warmed
sauerkraut, 1-1/2 slices of cheese, a little more thousand island and then
the last slice of bread (butter side up).  Simply grill for a few minutes,
flip and grill some more.

It's a little messy so probably not a great company meal.  I simply think
it's the best reuben ever!! Enjoy...

Warm Regards,
Janet Kline
Charlotte, NC