From:
Doug Schantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 08:22:01 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I received this message from someone who is wanting to subscribe to the
list.  My husband went through that process for me because I'm a total
computer klutz (I usually need my 9 year old son with me to help me out
of my messes).  I know that so many of you have been so helpful to me in
the past, and I'm hoping that someone with computer knowledge will be
able to help this person out.  Here is the message she sent me:

I have a favor to ask of you, because I just found this CELIAC/DH site
about 2 days ago.  I don't understand how to post a message.   I sent
this & it was returned with directions to use "help" & a lot of stuff I
don't understand.  My main need is to find a support group in my area.
I just included the apple thing to share with others.

  Could you post the part of my message asking for a support group?  I
would be very grateful.I can't take the time to read the directions over
right now.  My husband is very anemic; I have to go with him to the
hosp. in am for his colonoscopy & endoscopy.  I have to go to a vascular
surgeon on Thurs. to see if he thinks I have an aneurysm that is causing
my ascending aorta to bulge.  We just got back from Ohio where our 47
yr. old daughter was admitted to the hosp. she had a stroke,   She was
discharged in a week.  Readmitted when, 10 days later had a heart
attack.  Had a heart cath..found to have a bad mitral valve.  Sent to
hosp in Pitts.  Evaluated by cardiac surgeons.  They felt that, because
her left arm & leg were affected by the stroke, & she lost part of the
vision in her left eye, she would recover from the stroke symptoms
sooner if she went home & had some physicial therapy & returned for
valve surgery in a month.  The day she came home from Pittsburgh, she
had  the same symptoms she had had when she had the heart attack, so she
went to the local Hosp. ER; was treated & then sent again by ambulance
to Pitts., where they implanted an artificial mitral valve & did a
bypass on the blocked blood vessle from the heart attack.  We stayed
with her & her husband, until they could get along without us... after
she was discharged.  Then we came home to Alabama.  My husband has had 2
heart attacks, had bypass surgery 6 yrs. ago; has some conduction
problems & keeps going in & out of an arrhythmia;  Next Tues, he goes to
a cardiologist who specializes in arrhythmias.  Last Mon., my daughter
had a mini-strke; had increase in the numbness in her left arm &
leg....& couldn't speak for awhile.  Was admittedon Mon.,...treated,
discharged on Thurs.   ...My rash is so bad & itchy .  I have to get up
2 & 3 times thru the nite & put ice on it.  I buy tube after tube of
Lanocaine.  My legs are such a mess, I'm ashamed to have anyone see
them.   I haven't been able to find a doctor experienced with thei DH,
And I don't know how to get my request for a support group on the posted
message thing.  I would be really grateful if you could get my request
on there for me.

Sincerely, Lois