From:
Anna Scharenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 20:20:49 EDT

My daughter who is 16 recently wanted the blood test for celiac disease.  She
has been gluten free for 6 years.  I have an uncle & an aunt who are
diagnosis with a bowle biopsy for celiac disease.  We feel my father who
passed away several years ago also had it from many of the symptoms he had.

My son was very ill as a child and finally when he was 12 we put him on a
gluten free diet-no more diahrea, abdominal pain, bloating, etc...Our
daughter's symptoms were more like what I experienced most of my
life-constipation, gas, fatigue, muscle weakness-she had in addtion to these
the feeling of urgency, severe leg pains, legs felt heavy.  Six months after
my son went gluten free, my daughter & I did also.

The minute I eat anything I get sick.  My daughter has been gluten free for 6
years, lately she has tried eating gluten and has no reaaction.  Our dr. at
my insistence did a blood test and all her antibodies came back in the normal
range.  Do you think it is because we have been so "good" gluten free for so
long?  Or is she on a "honeymoon-of no symptoms?  I amthinking about
contacting Dr. Fine and doing one of his tests?  I need advice!