From:
Herman Green <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herman Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:25:49 -0600

There were numerous responses and I would like to extend a huge thankyou.  I have not attempted a lot of these yet, but I have been inspired.  I will try to condense without leaving out important information.  I will also say we have elliminated corn, beans, and starches, and yeast all one at a time and reintroduced.  The beans were hard to handle on a regular basis, even the flours.  We do them once or twice a month.  The starches are the only one so far that hurts every time.  I have not attempted to knock out one starch at a time. Here we go and happy eating!

  a.. try soya flour products
  b.. guar gum causes gas in some
  c.. hashbrowns for pizza crusts
  d.. speghetti squash for speghetti
  e.. nut flour or buckwheat flour instead
  f.. paleo diet(meat, fish, eggs, veg., fruits and nuts)
  g.. Chebe bread for pizza or bread
  h.. zuchinni for pizza crust
  i.. make sure the problem is not cross-contamination
  j.. try milling your own flours
  k.. Pastariso rice pasta
  l.. checkout diabetic/celiac recipes
  m.. Book; "Breaking the Vicious Circle: The Specific Carbohydrate" http://www.scdiet.org/
  n.. seaweed noodles
  o.. bean flours
  p.. probiotics or probiotic  veg, (bacteria growth of wrong kind causes gas) Add fat like olive oil
  q.. sorghum flour and potato flour not starch
  r.. chickpea or fava flour
  s.. quinoa (high protien flour counteracts starch)
  t.. spinach for pizza crusts
  u.. digestive enzymes for gas
  v.. we do need some carbs in our diet
  w.. "Breaking the Cycle" by Elaine Gottschall great recipes in it
  x.. ground seeds for flour
  y.. gf version of Atkins diet
  z.. http://www.molliekatzen.com/show/zucchinipizza.php
  aa.. http://members.aol.com/bufala6436/rec46.htm
  ab.. for 1 cup of flour - 2/3 cup of rice flour, and 1/3 cup of potato flour.  Add twice as much baking soda
  ac.. yeast causes gas in some
  ad.. arrowroot powder in replacement of cornstarch. 1for1 found in the spice section
  ae.. some are allergic to corn
Hopes this helps some.  Kristine