From:
Pat Shechter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 13:04:26 -0400

Hello, List Mates,

I wanted to pass along information I obtained earlier this week.  In
checking on which over-the-counter analgesic I could take, I looked at
the "inactive ingredients" in Orudis KT, a ketoprophen.  (I had taken it
prior to my diagnosis of CS, and it had worked better than any other OTC
pain medication.)  Since I didn't understand one of the ingredients, a
"pharmaceutical glaze," I decided to call the pharmaceutical company,
Whitehall-Robins-Lederle.  On 2 consecutive days, I was told by 2
different people, that the company could NOT guarantee that this
medication is GF.  The second person I spoke with told me that the reason
for this was that the company used a starch in the drug, and that the
starch used may be corn starch or it may be wheat starch.

Since this medication has been listed in the Stokes CS book and in the Clan
Thompson Pocket Guides as GF, I thought I'd pass this updated information
on to the List.  (I've called Stokes Pharmacy and will email Clan Thompson.)

Also, thanks to everyone for suggestions to my appeal for a GF hot
sauce!  I'll try to summarize and post the suggestions soon, as well as
information on several other hot sauces I've found.

Best regards,
Pat S.