From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2008 22:08:21 EDT

BGIG Annual Community Awareness Event Reminder

Contact Information
Kelle A. Rankin-Sunter 360-223-7437
Bellingham  GIG Team Support Leader

The Bellingham Gluten Intolerance Group is pleased to be able to offer to
the general public

FREE of charge this annual event which features speaker/cooking
demonstrations, gluten free products/manufacturers samples, local restaurants GF  samples,
gluten free book sale, silent auction, donors drawing, a panel  discussion,
children's GF meeting area (R.O.C.K. - Raising Our Celiac Kids), a  "Ask the
Nutritionist" and "Ask the Naturopathic Physician" reference tables and  many
other exciting and educational opportunities regarding a gluten free  lifestyle.
Please Join Us! more details below . . . .

2008 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Oct. 30 thru Nov. 1, 2008

at St. Luke's HEC
3333 Squalicum Parkway
Bellingham, WA

THURSDAY, October 30, 2008
6:30 to 8:30 PM - St. Luke's HEC -  Meeting Room A
Dr. Thomas O'Bryan, DC, CCN, DACBN - "How Gluten Affects the  Brain"

FRIDAY, October 31, 2008
9 AM to 4:30 PM, St. Luke's HEC - Meeting  Room C
9:30 AM - Gluten 101 - Kelle A. Rankin-Sunter, BGIG Team Support  Leader
11 AM - Making the Chef Your Ally - Chef Sean, Trumpeter Public House  in Mt.
Vernon
1 PM - Cruising Gluten Free - Heino Sunter, experienced  "cruiser", GF
advocate
2:30 PM - Developing a GF Emergency/Travel Kit - Mary  Jensen,
educator/gluten free traveler

SATURDAY, November 1, 2008
10:30 AM to 3:30 PM - St. Luke's  HEC
11 AM - Speaker - Shauna Ahern and "Chef" - Cooking  Demonstration
Shauna is The Gluten Free Girl , awarded "Best New Blog of  2006" as well as
Amazon Books 2007 Best New Cookbook for 2007. Her entertaining  style will
surely entertain as well as educate while she and Chef demonstrate a  gluten free
cooking technique.
12 Noon to 3:30 PM - Food Sampling -  Representatives from Local Restaurants,
Meal Preparation Companies, GF  Manufacturers, all will be set up to offer
samples of their GF products and  answer questions. There will also be a "static
samples" area.

Ongoing - Ask a "Health Question" - Tom Maltere, Certified Nutritionist and
Dr. Jean Layton, Naturopathic Physician will be on hand in our "health room"
along with BGIG members to help answer your questions on health and the gluten
 free diet.
Ongoing - R.O.C.K. Meeting Room - Raising Our Celiac Kids- Bring  the kids
along to meet others their own age who are learning how to live gluten  free.
Specific to kids, GF food samples will be available as well as GF kids
activities. A great place to find out more about our local ROCK group.
1:30  PM - Panel Discussion - Members from our BGIG Board and a special guest
or two  will be ready to answer your questions in a open forum, a great place
to get  answers - even if you didn't think of the question !

On-Going - Silent Auction, GF Book Sale, Donors' Drawing, BGIG Reference
Table

MAP TO St. Luke's
Written Directions - Driving on I-5, exit at Exit 255.  Drive SW (right turn
if southbound and left turn if northbound). You are now  traveling west on E.
Sunset Dr. At the first signal you come to, you will be at  Ellis St. turn
right. Ellis dead-ends on Squalicum Pkwy. Turn right. Drive all  the way to the
end and take the left-hand driveway (hedge will be on your right.  Parking lot
will open in front of you and you will see the building, sort of to  the left
(and behind parking area). Parking anywhere in lot. Main Entrance is  under
the portico.

Caroline Yorkston
BGIG ~ Membership
P.O. Box 28894