From:
Melissa Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 14:57:57 -0700

>I am wondering if it is possible to have celiac disease and have a normal
>small intestinal biopsy.

You may want to ask your doctor to check for Crohn's Disease as well. I
have both and my doctor says that is not common to have both, yet both
diseases have very similar symtoms. There are blood tests, I believe that
can detect Crohn's, yet mine was diagnosed at the same time as the Celiac
with biopsies done via endoscopy and colonoscopy. The last set of these
scopes done on me showed normal (non-active celiac) with active Crohn's.
Good luck.

Melissa