Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 13:29:44 -0700

        Surprisingly, 20 members responded to my post, which sure indicates
to me that hair loss is indeed associated with CD!
        Most of the posts were extremely encouraging with members reporting
hair growth, sometimes to a better condition than before, many in as early
as 6 months and some up to 6 years.  A couple of male members were not
seeing improvement and not knowing whether to attribute this to hereditary
reasons, male pattern baldness, or the CD.  Some menopausal women also
experienced lack of improvement and felt perhaps there was a tie-in
w/menopause and the harmonal thing.  A couple of people suggestions
switching to a GF shampoo.
        Two members alerted me to the fact that hair loss is also a
sympthom of iron overload.  The Alkaline phospate count on my last blood
test (6 mos ago) was elevated, so I am presently trying to get my doc to
approve another blood test to see if the GF diet has changed this at all.
He doesn't think that iron overload (told to me via his nurse) is a
concern.  Presently, I'm trying to talk w/him direct, so I can get some
questions answered.   It really amazes me how doctors seem to get annoyed
if patients actually have questions to ask!!!!
        Thank you one and all, for your responses.  Once again, it's
wonderful having you all out their at my fingertips!

                                    Nina :)
                                '89FX3/Coupe (SAM)