From:
Erin Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erin Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:58:01 -0600

Thanks to everyone for the replies about Chipotle Mexican Grill - sounds
like it's a favorite GF restaurant for many!

Here are some of the responses I received:

NO burrito tortillas or soft flour tacos
YES crispy tacos or "naked burrito," which is a burrito without the tortilla
YES Cheese
YES Chicken, steak, barbacoa (adobade salsa-marinate)
Oil is GF

You should be able to eat everything freely, except
the tortillas for
burritos and the soft flour tacos. The crispy tacos
are fine, or you could
try a "naked burrito," which is a burrito without the
tortilla.
There is no wheat flour in the crispy corn tacos.
There is no flour in the
vegetable shortening we use in our fryers, and we
don't fry anything in
the fryers that contains wheat flour. The corn chips
and the corn shells
are fried in the fryer, and we don't fry them anywhere
else.
Our cheese is gluten-free.
Our hot red tomatillo salsa does use white vinegar (I
think someone else
mentioned that white vinegar is not good for those
with celiac-sprue); the
other salsas use lemon juice.
Our chicken, steak, and barbacoa are seasoned with an
adobada
salsa-marinade. There are no glutens or flour in this.
I hope this helps!
Sincerely,
Joe Stupp
Chipotle

Everything is gluten free except for their burrito shells.
The only problem that i have is that the prep area is a breeding ground for
cross contamination. I tried to ignore that fact and ate there anyways and
have gotten sick both times.
Go at your own risk. It's a shame since their food is so darn good.

i think some things are ok even though i got sick the last time i was
there...i got the hard shell tacos with beef and sour cream. i've heard
from someone else that the meats are ok.

 From what I have been told, all of their items are gf with the exception
of their tortillas.

Hope this helps~
Erin

Erin J. Hall
Personnel and Staffing Coordinator
Division of University Development &
Northwestern Alumni Association
Northwestern University
847.467.5893 phone
847.491.7095 fax

Please visit our Division of Development Recruiting Website for information
on current openings.
http://www.development.northwestern.edu/recruiting/main.htm