From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:36:17 -0500

I asked the list for restaurant recommendations for Madison/Morristown
NJ.  Thank you to everyone who responded!  Here are the recommendations
I have received so far:

Whole Foods
222 Main Street
Madison, NJ 07940
973.822.8444
Web:  http://www.wholefoods.com/stores/MadisonNJ/index.html
Store Hours: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week.
"[...] has an excellent salad bar and soups. They always list the soup
ingredients as to their content. I eat there often without any ill
effects."

Main Street Submarines
250 Main St
Madison, NJ 07940-2210
973-966-0876
"[...] has very good Chef's Salads BUT BEWARE!!! You have to tell them
No macaroni and no croutons and make sure you check before you pay. They
have forgot my request many times but the salads are good. I always
bring my own dressing. It is a very busy place and the staff are always
rushed.  They are located east of the Main Street Cafe going toward
Chatham on the right hand side just before Whole Foods."

Hamilton Park Conference Hotel
175 Park Avenue
Florham Park, NJ  07932
Terrace Dining Room, Phone: 1.973.301.9707
Vanderbilt's, Phone: 1.973.301.9746
"... has some good buffet lunches that I've always been able to find
something."

Rod's Steak and Seafood Grille (at the Madison Hotel)
Madison Avenue - Convent Station
Morris Township, NJ
Phone: 973-539-6666
Web:  http://rodssteak-seafoodgrill.com/index.html
"I've also eaten at Rod's Ranch House with no problems just talk to the
waiter about your restrictions."

Plaza Grill Cafe (in Headquarters Plaza Hotel)
3 Headquarters Plaza
Morristown, NJ  07960
(973) 898 - 9100
"I've also been to the restaurant in the Headquarters Plaza Hotel in
Morristown for their buffet lunch."

Charlie Brown's Steakhouse
522 Southern Blvd.
Chatham, NJ
(973) 822-1800
Gluten-free menu:  www.charliebrowns.com,  then click on 'Nutritional
Facts'
"I have eaten at Charlie Browns on Southern Blvd in Chatham, near the
Madison border, with no problems."
"[...] on the corner of Shunpike and Southern Blvd. The menu choices are
limited but I've never had a problem with the staff or the right food
choices."

Best Little Luncheonette in Town
233 Main Street
Chatham, NJ  07928
973-635-8949
"[...] has a nice Cobb Salad and they have nice ice tea."

Park Ave Deli
105 Park Avenue
Summit, NJ
"There is a Spanish Deli on Park Avenue in Summit it may be a little out
of the way for you but the food is good and the owner is aware of gluten
contents. A word of caution is in order also because many of the counter
staff does not speak English. [...]  The food is very good but the
clientele is mostly contractors. I'm a plumbing contractor so it doesn't
bother me but the atmosphere might not be what your looking for."

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore