From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2013 11:40:54 -0500

Day two of glutening (not even 24 hours later). So far, just burpy and a little queasy...only seems to be when I eat.  Not as bad as could have been.  Was even able to go to my morning yoga class without embarrassing myself.  So...Bottom line....I tried two Glutenease 2x (double strength) within an hour of the glutening last night.  (No problems last night). Had to take one after breakfast, but I think my stomach wasn't ready for milk and coffee.  All good, until I got home from class and had a protein shake and protein bar...may have had dairy.  Will take another pill. But I don't think I'll need them for the long haul, unless things get worse.  I'll just need to avoid dairy this week.

FYI, I don't get the runs from gluten.  Never did.  So the usual solutions...rice, bananas (allergic to them), bland diet, etc....not for me.  I do take Pepto Bismol, if I get gassy and/or my GERD med isn't enough, but it's not for the runs.  My typical stuff...constipation (watch out...Pepto will cause it). Bloating. Embarrassing gas. Sore lower abdomen....and mainly, temporary lactose intolerance. Maybe flu-like symptoms, if bad enough...but then, unless I have proof that I was glutened, I lean towards blaming a virus.  Before I was on the diet 20 years ago, I used to get brain fog and body aches and pains, too.  This incident was/is just burpy and queasy, like feeling I'm on a boat that's doing too much rocking.  So far...no hanging over the side!  (I don't normally get seasick, but know the feeling.)

So for those of you who asked....I highly recommend Glutenease 2x. It will be in my purse, like I carry my asthma inhaler, from now on.  And I did end up taking all of my supplements (upped the fish oil), except for Zocor (which reacts with the strangest things...like grapefruit).  So far, I'm alive. I tried drinking ginger tea.  Not sure I drank enough for it to have any impact.

Consider yourselves hugged!  The love I get from this list is far more than from some of my friends who don't "get it".  I even had someone tell me today that it's mind over matter.  Duh.  The twisty motions that massage your insides, relaxation and detox effects from yoga help a lot.  I swear by yoga, and I'm in yoga teacher training, but celiac....indeed, NOT in our heads.

Here goes the rest of the suggestions.  And thank you all again.  If I missed any of you, I apologize.  I have been gratefully inundated.  Lin

1. http://glutenfreeeasily.com/honor-your-body-how-to-recover-after-being-glutened-gluten-exposure/
2.Natural Activated Charcoal capsules will absorb stuff - whole foods has them.  I buy Country Life brand.
3. The first thing I grab is the Levsin my doctor prescribed for the cramping.  Then I grab the generic, OTC, antidiarrheal Loperamide HCl 2 mg.  I take one of those each time I pass a diarrhea stool.  The Levsin I will retake in 30 minutes if the first dose is not enough.
4. Bentonite works nicely too.
5. Yoga is great for getting rid of toxins.....(I'll say amen to that!)
6. I use auyervedic tea...coriander seeds, fennel seeds & Cummin seeds boiled & drink hot. I do 1/2 tsp of each in 4 Cups of water...amazing results!
7. Someone wears Depends, as a precaution, if she knows she's been glutened, and knows she won't be near a bathroom.

For those who missed the first list...may as well include it.
1 Glutenease......(I got the double strength, Glutenease 2x)
2 At CVS they've got something called glutenaid. That's supposed to help
3 You can try a BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. Drink a lot to flush your system. These were suggestions given to us by a dietitian at our recent Gettysburg Gluten-free Group meeting. 4 I'm not sure if this will help but I usually eat some yogurt and it soothes the stomach.
5  I take the following: digestive enzyme, probiotic, fish oil
6 Go to  your nearest GNC and purchase L-Glutamine 1000 mg tablets. Take one daily for a while. It will  help.   (Whole Foods has L-Glutamine)
7 some people swear by enzymes / probiotics
8 Veratrum Album 30C
*******
*******