From:
Debbie Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:39:23 -0500

Just wanted to pass along our experience with shampoos.  I never paid much
attention to shampoos since my celiac kids have never had D.H.  I figured
as long as they weren't drinking shampoo they wouldn't react to it.  One of
my dear ones has reached the age of experimenting with various hair
products to achieve ultimate hair control. She began having red bumps close
to the hairline that would scab over.  This went on for quite some time.  I
finally had her using head and shoulders shampoo exclusively to try and
clear it up.  I suddenly realized that she was using a cream rinse and
after reading the ingredients on the bottle found it contained wheat
protein and wheat starch.  Tossed that in the trash and this stubborn skin
condition cleared right up.  This week ran into someone else who
experienced a
 similar story.  Keep reading those labels!

Debbie in KS