From:
"David D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 13:55:24 EST

Does anyone know if other bean gums (besides guar) are okay...and why/why not?

I have tried to find out how gums are made without success, so I do not
understand what the possible dangers are.   Xanthan is not a bean and is okay.
But what about those like locust bean gum and carob bean gum, and why would
those be different from guar gum?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Joanne