From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 2016 12:52:20 -0500

Here are the responses, to date. I really should ask the Coast Guard where I work as a personal trainer, but I don’t know who to ask there.

Many Military people have Celiac and I have never heard of someone being discharged because of it.  It is hard on them in the war zones, but they survive and find edible food.  As long as they stick to the basics:  Meat, veggies and fruit, they do fine.  And I am sure they receive care packages from home often.
Celiac is a livable workable disease, it should not stop anyone from doing anything.  Look how many athletics we have with Celiac.

There is this book, Gluten Free in Afghanistan by B. Donald Andrasik, that I got as an e-book that talks about the difficulty. It's a good read.

Now they do offer gf. My grandson has them now.

No gf MREs and yes, you cannot have celiac disease in the military.

I have seen a blog by a soldier with celiac, but it has been a few years.
He found it after being a soldier for a few years.

It hasn't. If you have celiac and whether choose to or not to tell the military you get no special foods. People are asking for that to change and Cruz says it will not change.

The ones that I know of do not tell that they have celiac and just eat salads or whatever
they can find that they think is gf.

There are no MRE's that are gf from what I understand.  If they get deployed and need
to survive on MRE's , they are in trouble.

I served before being diagnosed and it would have been really hard.

Are you sure you don't get discharged? My cousin refused to get tested  even though he was sure he had it (his sister has it) because he was to close to a full retirement and didn't want to get an early discharge.

I didn't think it does