From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:31:02 -0400

I was in Walgreens today, looking for meds to help me fight a nasty cold. Since I could not find the Tylenol version of the Sinus daytime, non-drowsy congestion and pain meds that I usually buy, I picked up the Walgreens version (acetaminophen and phenylephrine HCL).

I phoned the number on the box, while I was in the store, and I was told it is gluten-free.

The rep had me read the code number off the box to identify the product, and she warned me  that depending upon where you are shopping, the product may come from a different manufacturer, that this one has a P in front of the number, an indication of her company...whose formulary ist gluten-free. She suggested looking for the P in the future, or calling the phone number on the box when I'm buying a new batch somewhere else or in the future. Just though I'd pass on that suggestion. (On this box, the code number is next to the expiration date.)

When I got home, I looked on the Walgreens list on www.glutenfreedrugs.com and couldn't find this product listed, but it could have been an oversight on my part.

Lin