From:
Linda Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 19:27:06 -0500

While we're on the subject of B-6, I would like to add that one of its
documented benefits is to help reduce or even eliminate the symptoms of
morning sickness. Pregnant celiac moms have enough problems without
feeling nauseous and throwing up a lot, so I would like to bring this to
the attention of the list members.

I was nauseous (and miserable) into my seventh month with my first
child; I did some research when it started again with the second, and
checked with my OB/GYN who okayed increased doses of B-6. (He said it
used to be a component of a regularly prescribed morning sickness drug,
but that the other component turned out to have side effects, and the
B-6 was apparently too cheap for the drug company to continue putting
into a pill for prescriptive uses!) Though I still experienced mild
nausea after starting with B-6, it was much more tolerable and went away
earlier in the pregnancy.

Many months ago on the list, one of our members posted a plea for help
with morning sickness, and the B-6 helped her (hope she has a healthy
baby by now!). If you're not pregnant (fellas <g>) just keep this
information in your mental file to help women you know who have problems
with morning sickness!
--
Linda Blanchard
http://www.ccgs.com