From:
KEATING, CAROLINE C. (AIT) <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:06:21 -0500

Below are the responses I received on Chiroprators who are also
Naturpaths...:

General thought is to just ask around and make calls to Chiropractic
offices.

-------------------------------

The person's name is Dr. O'Bryan.  He is a certified
chiropractor and nutritionist.  However, he is NOT a
certified naturopath, but does know a lot about and
uses it.

He works in a group called Omnis Chiropractic which
has 4 chiropractors including himself, one or two
massage therapists, and an acupuncturist.  There could
be others there as well that I don't know about.

His contact info and location is:

Omnis Chiropractic
1500 Waukegan Rd. #200
Glenview, IL
(847)998-1234

Also, Dr O'Bryan is only somewhat favorable to celiac
disease.  He accepts gluten sensitivity (not sure what
the difference is) and he himself has a wheat allergy,

Regarding insurance, the only way that you would
probably be covered is if your insurance covered
chiropractors.

-----------------------

Look for Chiropractors that are schooled by the PARKER method

------------------------

I got lucky - I asked around for a good chiropractor in town, and later
found out that he's also into nutrition.  He's the one who turned me on to
Niacin supplements - he suggested them to improve my circulation, but they
cured my depression, too!

I suspect that many of the chiros in your area are also nutritionists
and/or naturopaths.  Ask around if you can, if not, call all the ones in
the book and ask.  Or visit the offices, if you have time.

-----------------

you can call chiros in your area and ask if the are also nutritionists..alot

of them are and some also just handle supplements but one who really
knows his stuff is invalueable..mine diagnosed all my problems where
'regular' doctors could not... you may want to try inquiring thru
holisitic practitioners and also looking into wholistic groups in your
area...if you know of a place that is like a natural health center that
may offer yoga classes and the like-someone may know someone..you can
also look in the yellow pages under environmental medicine-
accupuncture...things like that or just under nutrition...but make sure
you say your looking for a wholistic doctor or herbalist....im sure
there has to be someone in chicago...i will try to remember to ask my
doctor

next vsist where to look for someone like him..hes awesome and has helped me

more than anyone... and yes my insurance pays for it because it pays for
chiropractic...so all we do is categorised as such-even if it isnt tho i
always get adjusted when i go...it also help not only with skeletal
problems but all the rest of the stuff-even digestion and
allergies...check your insurance plan and see if they cover
chiro..chances are they wont cover it as 'nutrition therapy'...its a bit
tricky that way

You can also look into an Osteopath.  They are medical doctors who use a
more "wholistic" approach to healing.  (They practise much in the same
way as chiropractors).  This may be your best path, especially where it
concerns insurance.

Where I live, Cambridge Massachusetts, there is very good wholistic
healing center.

Caroline