From:
Bill Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:05:30 -0400

The following is being posted at the request of Bob Cable.  I would like
to add as a personal note that in the 4 years since my son was diagnosed,
I have always found CDF to be open minded to considering whether
unusual grains might be GF -- not reckless, still considering the science,
but not as unnecessarily conservative as some other groups.

Bill Elkus

Coming off a sensational Childrens Hospital of LA/Celiac Desease Foundation
weekend program of serology testing and medical information. The CDF's annual
meeting  on Nov. 8, will focus on  those grains  that have dominated the
netlist for the last few weeks. We will have both scientific and commercial
presentations on Quinoa, Amaranth and buckwheat,  We will address the
biochemical possibility, or not, of transfer from the soils, of gluten from
previous plantings.  Meeting will be held at the Orthopedic Hospital of Los
Angeles. 1 PM sunday.  See our Quarterly News Letter  The other celiac
organizations are certainly invited to attend. The meeting cost is $35.
approx.

Bob Cable
Director, CDF