From:
Janice Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janice Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:45:20 -0600

Here's what I found out about Orgran's GFG:

Ingredients: Superfine Rice Flour, Pea Extract, Maize Starch, Potato Starch,
Vegetable Derived Gums & Cellulose: Guar Gum,
Methylcellulose, Carboxymethylcellulose, monoglyerides from Vegetables.

Although no one seems to have actually tried the product, there were a few
comments as follows:

- My guess is that they pre-cook the starches (as Chebe bread does) to make
a modified food starch mix. Which is not a bad idea!
Chebe bread mix works a LOT like gluten dough. One thing though: a lot of
people don't get along with guar gum, so that might be a problem (it doesn't
bother me personally).

- I have written to Orgran about the GFG and  they have not yet responded.
I have also notified our local health food store to try to get it for our
group.   www.orgran.com

- I have the same questions ... What I'd really like to see is a comparison
of this product with the new Expandex www.expandexglutenfree.com

- Where to get this product?  I do not know - I think I may have seen it on
one of the GF internet shopping malls.

Janice.