From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 07:58:24 -0400

I've been gf for 8 years and can't remember when I've had a gluten
"attack" even tho I eat out several times a week. The trick is to know
HOW FOODS ARE PREPARED.  It takes a little bit of work in the beginning
and really pays off.

If you know how to cook, or are a foodie, then you know which foods are
going to be no-no's right off the bat....stews for example are thickened
with flour or a roux and so are out automatically.

My suggestion is to curl up with a cookbook and brouse thru recipes for
your favorite foods. If you know how they are prepared, then you know
which ones to avoid and which ones are safe.  One of my favorite dishes
when eating out is shrimp scampi....it is cooked in its own pan and the
sauce is not thickened.  I order it over rice.  However, if I'm in a new
restaurant, I do ask to make sure that flour is not added.