From:
katherine in atl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
katherine in atl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:12:39 -0400

<<Roberto Ortega wrote:

The cause of celiac diseases is
the response of the IgE from a gluten
peptid that can not be digested
(mer-33), and it is detected by the body
as an external allergen that may harm it.
In other words, we are overprotecting the
body and the cause our problems are from
our defense. Interestingly this is the type
of allergies that occur more frequently
from the environment allergens
(allergies to dust, to pollens, to cats,
to fabrics).>>

as far as I can tell from the evidence I've read, there is no IgE
mediated response involved in celiac.   I'd like to see your evidence
for your statement that 'the cause of celiac disease is the reponse of
the IgE from a glutne petid [sic] that can not be digested (mer-33).
you won't have evidence b/c it doesn't exist.

celiac is not caused by us overprotecting our immune systems.  there
*is* evidence that more asthma and IgE mediated rxns to animals exist
when kids are raised in an overly clean environment and have very very
little exposure to germs or animals as a child.

The same mechanism is not at work with celiac.   Please show me the
evidence that you think supports your position.

katherine in atl