From:
Lisa Zafar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:20:52 EST

Hello friends,

Thanks to all who responded...I received over 30 responses.

2 recommend Sylvan Borders Farms bread mix
2 - Authentic Foods bread mix
2 - Gluten Free Pantry's Favorite White Bread Mix, one of these included her
alterations to the mix
2 -Cause You're Special Co. bread mix
1- Miss Roben's Andi's Wonderbread Mix
2- recommended the g/f pamphet from Red Star yeast
1 from Milwaukee said she orders bread from Cybro's and they ship.
1 orders from Kinnickinnick in Canada

Several people suggested reducing the amount of sugar the recipe calls for
but warned that the yeast needs the sugar to "work" and since our flours are
so heavy to proceed with caution so I don't end up with door stops.

Several recommended Bette Hagmann's books and Carol Fenster's books.  Thanks,
I now have all of them.  One tester from Bette Hagmann's last book " The GF
Gourmet bakes Bread" recommend her Buttermilk Casserole Bread and another
recommended her Mock Rye Bread from "The GF Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy.

One person gave me a recipe for batter in the waffle iron as an alternative
to conventional bread.  Another suggested adding flavorings such as onion,
garlic and herbs for sandwich bread.  Another said to use rice cakes or make
pasta salads for my daughter's lunch with g/f pastas.

Mrs. Moline sent me a lovely letter addressed to my daughter about
appreciating the foods God gave us that we *can* eat.

I will list the recipe titles but do to length, if anyone wants any of them,
please email me directly and I will send them to you.

R-Sesame Bread
R-Graham Crackers ( I asked for this one as an aside)
R-Arrowroot (or corn flour) Bread
R-Sandwich/ Hamburger /Buns
R-GlutenFree Buns or Pizza Shell
R- Rice Rounds
R-Carla Null's GF Bread
R-Sandwich Buns/Pizza Shells/Cinnamon Rolls  This one can be found in the
archives.  Look under the 2nd week of November 1998 and click on R/ Fantastic
Recipe for Hambuger Sandwich Buns.

One final note... a few people mentioned that they thought their bread tasted
better if they baked it in the oven and not in their bread machines.

Well I certainly have my work cut out for me.  Thanks again.  If any of you
want more info on the things I've listed, please email me.

Lisa Zafar
Orange County NY