From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:08:56 -0700

I nearly finished reading Dr. Jonathan Wright's new book, "Why Stomach
Acid is Good for You."  It's well worth the $18 I spent on it.  I've paid
more than that on books with a lot less content.  It's well researched,
annotated & absolutely JAMMED with information focusing on ONE thing --
healing a person afflicted with inadequate stomach acid production
(hypochlorhydria or achlorhydria).  He explains in his book the
connection between CELIAC DISEASE & HYPOCHLORHYDRIA.  It contains
everything you EVER wanted to know about the stomach, diseases &
disorders of the stomach & how they effect your overall health & well
being including treatments for these disorders.  It's written in an
engaging style & describes technical information in a way that's easy to
understand.  Unlike so many "popular" books on health, it offers very
practicle solutions for problems instead of just leaving you with little
more than a great discription of what ails you & an invitation to buy
more of the author's books & products.  I highly recommend it.
        Dr. Wright does include cautions about self treatment with stomach
acidifiers & recommends you be monitored by a physician trained in these
therapies.  He also lists contraindications for threatment w/ gastric
acidifiers.  I am acquainted with one lady who self-treated with betaine
HCl.  Her normal stomach function returned w/o her knowledge becasue she
didn't get tested periodically for it.  She was taking NSAIDs along with
the betaine HCl and ended up with an ulcer.  So please read the book &
procede with caution armed w/ the knowledge necessary to make good health
care decisions.  --Valerie in TAcoma, WA

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.