From:
Libbe Dawdy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:31:23 EST

I am new to this list and thought I'd introduce myself.  My name is Libbe and
I am just starting on a gluten-soy-dairy-free diet.  I have multiple
autoimmune things going on in my body (chronic hives, eczema, seborrhea,
Meniere's, positive ANA).  My new chiropractor feels all of these things are
stemmed from a reaction in my gut.  He feels very strongly that is it being
caused by gluten.  (I also have digestive symptoms.)  The reason I am off
dairy is because it causes constipation for me, so I know my body doesn't
like it.  And the soy....well...my chiropractor says soy has a small amount
of gliadin in it, which can be acceptable for some and not for others.  He
wants to me to be very strict in my avoidance of gluten/gliadin for a while
to get it all out of my system.

The main reason I have been seeking treatment is because of my Meniere's
symptoms.  I am dizzy and nauseous most of the day.  I have also had 1 really
bad vertigo attack.  Anyhoo...that's why I sought out my chiropractor.  He is
the only doctor who has been willing to look at me as a whole individual and
not just a bunch of little systems.  I am hoping and praying he is right.

I have survived 1 week of my new diet and don't feel like I'm starving yet.
That is probably because I don't have a huge appetite right now.  My next
hurdle is to go out to eat at Cheddar's this Thursday.  I am totally
overwhelmed by trying to find something that will be okay for me to eat
there.

Libbe, gluten-, soy- and dairy-free SAHM to
Caetlyn, 2 yrs old
 <A HREF="http://www.ubah.com/ecommerce/main.asp?sid=D1797&gid=94785">Usborne Books!</A>