From:
Tarek William Moussa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 12:09:23 -0600

Hello everyone,

I was diagnosed as having celiac disease about three months ago by my
general practitioner.  However, he downplayed the importance of a biopsy,
and said that all I had to do was follow the diet and all would be well,
and so therefore it wasn't that important for me to go to see a GI.
I've changed my mind about this for two reasons.  First, it seems that
although things have improved somewhat, I've reached a sticking point,
and I don't seem to be fully recovering, and perhaps the GI could shed
some light on the reason. (Perhaps because I am accidentally ingesting
gluten, and i just don't realize it.)  Second, after reading posts to this
list I realize how important the biopsy is in order to rule out other
problems.  So, my first question is, can someone please recommend a good
GI in the Austin, Texas area, who is familiar with CS.  (I've seen lists,
but they don't really tell me how good the doctor actually is, nor how
familiar he is with CD).

My second question I is this:  I realize that Coca-cola won't tell
anyone what's in their secret formula, but I would love to know how other
people have reacted to Coke Classic as well as Diet Coke.  These drinks
are one of the few "grey areas" in my diet, so I'd love it cleared up once
and for all.

I'd appreciate a personal response to these questions, and I give my
thanks for any responses to this post in advance. :)

                                        -Tarek
Austin, Texas, USA